13h00 29, July and 19h00 30,July, 2019|
Wine Pairing Study Session (1)
Are you interested in tasting all of our dishes and finding perfectly matching wines with us? - 13h00 29, July, 2019 - 19h00 30, July, 2019
Time & Location
13h00 29, July and 19h00 30,July, 2019
Sepial's Kitchen, 15 Briar Road, Salt River, Cape Town, South Africa
About the Event
Price : R350 per person (no under 18) + bring your own choice of wine (one or two bottle(s) +- R300)
There will be a R500 gift card to the person who bring the most wonderful pairing.
- Kimchi pancake - savoury, sour, pungent, garlic, chilli
- Calamari, prawn, mussel & spring onion, soy dipping sauce
- Wakame seaweed, cucumber, soy sauce & spiced chilli oil dressing (not very spicy, roast garlic, spring onion, subtle 5 spices)
- Menbosha / Fried prawn toast (prawn, sesame)
- Japanese egg omelettes (egg, soy sauce, nori, mirin, bonito dashi, lightly sweet)
- Bibimbap 비빔밥 (Vegan or Ovo vegetarian, Gluten free options)
Multi grain rice, stir fried potato, carrot, marrow, onion, egg, seaweed strips
dressed with fermented chilli sauce and spiced chilli oil
- Beef Bulgogi 불고기
Beef marinaded in soy sauce, garlic, pear, ginger, spring onion over night and cooked on stove
served with rice and lightly pickled daikon radish or kolrabi
- Spicy Pork
Pork shanks slowly cooked in cast iron pot with gochujang, Korean chilli paste
& apple, garlic, ginger, spring onion, pepper, served with rice. Medium hot.
- Kimchi & pork belly thick broth 돼지고기 김치찌게 (Gluten free)
Well fermented kimchi & pork belly cooked in Kombu and shiitake mushrooms broth.
Served with rice. Medium hot.
- Mushroom & glassnoodle japche 잡채 (Vegan / Ovo vegetarian)
Soy sauce based stir fried sweet potato glass noodle with shiitake and wood ear mushrooms.
- Fried chicken on Friday
Spicy Gochujang, tomato paste, chutney base or ginger garlic & soy sauce sugar base