Thu, 08 Feb|
The Fermentary by Sepial
Kimchi Making Workshop at The Fermentary
Please join us for our kimchi making workshop at The Fermentary! You will learn about kimchi, make your kimchi and enjoy kimchi themed dinner with like-minded.
Time & Location
08 Feb 2024, 18:30
The Fermentary by Sepial, F01 Makers Landing, Duncan Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
About the Event
Every second Thursday is a kimchi making day. Please join us for our kimchi making workshop at The Fermentary!
2nd of February, 2024 from 6:30-8:00pm at The Fermentary, Makers Landing, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
We will teach you many things about kimchi making in this course:
- How to make kimchi from start to finish
- Things to look out for and do when making kimchi
- How kimchi tastes at different stages in the fermentation process
Included in the workshop:
- A workshop with Sepial
- Your own kimchi to take home (about 500ml, at the value of about R160)
- A set of documents on the things we will cover
- (Optional) Light dinner - kimchijjige & rice, fried egg, gim, other special kimchi to taste
We will provide:
- All the ingredients, prepped and measured before hand to make your kimchi
- Equipment to make kimchi (aprons, mixing bowls, etc.)
In the interest of being environmentally friendly, we would appreciate if you could bring your own jars to the workshop. If you are unable to, we will be selling jars at the workshop on the day.
You can buy extra 1kg kimchi made during the workshop at R250, 2kg at R450 when stocks available.
- Ticket type
Kimchi making workshop
You can select workshop only or workshop+dinner. During the dinner, you will taste limited small batches of different kimchi and differently cooked kimchi like jjige, neon (pancake) and pairing food. All the ingredients and equipments will be supplied. We encourage you to bring your own 500ml jar to take kimchi home, if possible.PriceFrom R 339,99 to R 469,56Sold Out
- Workshop + DinnerR 469,56
+R 70,43 VATTax: +R 70,43 VAT
- Workshop OnlyR 339,99
+R 51,00 VATTax: +R 51,00 VAT
This event is sold out